Wanna make simple Origami boxes with lids? Here’s how you can-
Stuff you’ll need:
- A pair of Scissors( the smaller the better)
- Glue ( Fevicol or any other white glue is good)
- Square Sheets of Paper( I use two different colours)
NOTE: Keep some extra paper to use for decorating the box lids and to make a flat lining for the boxes.
How to make the boxes:
NOTE: Instructions are to make the lid, repeat steps with smaller paper to make the base.
- Collect your stuff and settle down at a table- use a flat surface for folding paper…I use a plastic chopping board…
- Fold the four corners of the square paper to the center.Crease.Open.This is fold #1.
- Fold each corner to Fold #1 opposite it. Crease.Open. This is fold #2.
- Fold corner to nearest fold#2. This is fold #3.
- Cut four slits around two opposite corners( hope the pic explains it!)
- Fold inwards on Fold#1 crease line. Repeat for opposite side.
- Lift the folded sides till they are vertical along fold#2.
- Join two opposite sides by holding them together as shown.
- From one side, tuck the loose flap in.
- On both sides, tuck the flap in and flatten it till the points meet in the center of the box.
- Great!! Repeat this with a slightly larger square if you want to make a lid for the box (or a slightly smaller square to make a base for the box)
- Your finished box should look something like this. Decorate it to your heart’s content- sequins/paint/thread/paper cutouts/ stones/ ribbon/block print on it- whatever you want!! This box is adaptable to any number of looks- you can make it formal as I have or make it casual by using magazine/newspaper pages.
Hope this tutorial is useful!