So I was telling you that I did a lot of baking and I posted the Lemon Curd Tarts recipe here…Today, let’s see how you can make the best jam tarts ever!! You can use any flavor of jam…I used a lovely Strawberry jam with real fruit pieces and cute little strawberry seeds My nephew loved these tarts!!
STRAWBERRY JAM TARTS
Ingredients (makes 12)
Refined Flour (maida) 115 grams
Butter 60 grams
Baking Powder 1/4th teaspoon
Cold Water to mix
Sugar(optional) 5 grams
Jam(any flavor) 55 grams
How to Make the Jam Tarts
- Sift flour and baking powder( there should be no lumps).
- Rub in the butter lightly with your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs (don’t knead like chapathi dough).
- Add sugar if you want and mix thoroughly.
- Mix with cold water to form a soft dough.
- Roll out on a floured slab or cutting board(don’t roll it out too much-should be thicker than a chapathi) and cut as required. ( I use a small katori (bowl) to cut out a round shape from the rolled dough.)
- Line 12 muffin tins or patty tins with the rolled out shapes.
- Fill each cup 2/3rds with the jam. Distribute jam evenly in the cups.
- Bake in a hot oven at 205 degrees C (400 degrees F) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When baked ( it should look lighter and will be solid not squishy) remove from patty tins and place on a plate to cool completely. You can pop them in the fridge for about half an hour and they’ll taste even better.
Notes: This recipe is similar to the lemon curd tarts just that you bake these tarts with the jam filling in them The recipe was taken from The Thangam Philip Book of Baking.